Inside California Education is an original approach to presenting compelling stories and relevant information, communicating to millions of Californians how our state’s education system affects our lives and lives of our children. The program explores the many critical, complex, and increasingly challenging issues in public education.
Inside California Education covers a variety of topics, where viewers visit the places and meet the people who set policy and educate our students. We travel the state, visiting school districts, large and small, urban and rural. Inside California Education will talk with teachers, school administrators, legislators, and parents to provide our viewers with new, provocative, and compelling information about the challenges and opportunities facing their schools and their children.
Among the many issues we will explore are the budget and funding for K-12 education, the new national common core state standards, special education, school facilities, career tech, cyber bullying and the effects of social media, new education technology, and many more.
Here are just a few of the topics that Inside California Education will be exploring:
- Common Core State Standards
- Local Control Funding Formula
- Special Education
- Career Pathways
- Health & Safety
- Testing & Accountability
- Science & Technology
- Opportunity & Equity
- Arts in Education
- and many more.
Each 30-minute episode of Inside California Education will present informative and visually compelling stories, colorfully illustrated with interstitial material and insightful interviews.
Our Inside California Education team of reporters will explore and show you how education is structured and supported at the most basic levels. We will capture the real story of how parents and their children are impacted by our K-12 education system.
The Inside California Education Experience
Both PBS and KVIE Public Television, producers of Inside California Education, enjoy an untarnished reputation for the highest production and editorial standards, and unparalleled loyalty and trust from millions of viewers throughout California.
More than anything, the program will demonstrate viewersʼ insatiable appetite for knowledge about our education system, the teachers and administrators who teach and manage, and the places where our children are housed, held safe and learn. This weekly celebration of education will gain a status rarely achieved by any television program—becoming a brand and an image all its own.
The true measure of any television seriesʼ success is its ability to generate a consistent audience. Inside California Education will establish itself as an icon of public television, and will be one of the most-watched programs.
Inside California Education is being carried on public television stations in all markets across California.
Inside California Education Online
An integral component of the Inside California Education multimedia package is www.insidecaled.org, the website where a wealth of information including show descriptions, background stories, and educational support organizations will be available.
Every story from Inside California Education will be archived to the site for viewing by the general public. The Inside California Education website will provide a navigation link which will allow professional educational organizations and school districts to embed this link on their website. That link will take viewers back to our site to view the stories and explore the other features and information found there.
Inside California Education will also have a presence on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites. Information from the broadcast program and follow- ups will be available on those media services to keep viewers informed of content in the upcoming shows and allow an online forum for discussion of important issues.
Like the broadcast audience, Inside California Education online audience will enjoy a media-rich website that will become a valued resource for viewers and browsers alike. With prominent placement on each page of the site, sponsors can expect significant co-branding in an off-air environment while enjoying numerous referrals to their own Web site.
The Public Television Audience
What is universally hailed as the best television attracts some of the most well-heeled, affluent, and influential viewers available on any medium, anywhere. Itʼs a powerful consumer group with high amounts of discretionary income. Not just blessed with high levels of discretionary income, PBS contributors are highly educated.
They appreciate the variety of smart, thought-provoking programming available only on PBS. And, PBS is the number one place to reach viewers who are tuned into the world around them – engaged in stimulating programming and engaged in their communities. PBS contributors are movers and shakers – active in issues of politics, media, and community affairs. The net result is a viewership with a 'bottom line' far stronger than you can reach effectively on any other broadcast or print promotion opportunity.
|Category||Non-PBS Viewers Index||PBS Viewers Index||PBS Members Index|
|Post graduate education||93||121||252|
|Graduated college plus||96||111||179|
|Home value $750,000+||89||131||275|
|President of a company||100||100||156|
|Wrote to editor/called TV or radio show||91||127||212|
|Wrote an elected official||89||132||223|
|Wrote something that has been published||94||118||208|
|On committee for local organization||94||117||200|
|Worked for a political party||82||151||348|
|Member of a civic club||75||172||422|
|Member of a business club||94||117||292|
|Part of a local government||80||157||355|
U.S. population index = 100
2010 Doublebase Mediamark Research Inc.
The Public Television Environment
#1 in Public Trust
In todayʼs world of competing priorities, public television remains a reliable community ally. Through high-quality productions and programming, public television fulfills its enduring mission to educate, enrich, and inspire the community.
In turn, public television earns trust and support. In fact, for the ninth consecutive year, PBS ranked #1 in public trust among public service institutions.
Percent who trust each institution “a great deal”
Source: Harris Interactive Trust QuickQuery, February 2012
This trust transfers into a halo-effect for sponsors through their association with Inside California Education. Of PBS viewers:
- 74% feel that companies that sponsor public television have a commitment to quality and excellence.
- 93% believe that PBS sponsors provide a public service.
- 82% believe that PBS sponsors are industry leaders.
- 62% are more likely to purchase sponsorsʼ product or service.
Source: Cone/Roper WorldWide; PBS Image Study Feb 2002
Benefits of a Series Sponsorship
On-Air Sponsor Recognition
Sponsor spots, appearing once at the beginning and again at the end of each of the episodes of the season. The credits are integral to the program; remain attached throughout the life of the program and all repeats; and are included on all DVD copies of the program for the term of the sponsorship.
- Custom Produced Spot
Production of a customized spot for your organization, or opportunity to use an existing spot. The sponsor credit may include your Web site address or other referral information.
- Online Credit
Prominent placement on the Inside California Education Web site. Clickable sponsor logos will be visible on each page allowing visitors to link directly to sponsorsʼ Web sites.
- Print Recognition
- Recognition on the program media kit, available online to print media. Includes optional editorial copy about your organization.
- Recognition on all Inside California Education promotional materials.
- Additional Benefits
- Permission to use the Inside California Education logo in your organizationʼs internal and external communications efforts.
- Option to participate in additional customized marketing and communications initiatives, detailed on the next page.
- Sponsorship Investment Opportunities:
- Featured Sponsorship- 30 second spot
- Major Sponsorship- 15 second spot
- Sustaining Sponsorship- 7 second spot
Basic program sponsorship provides an excellent foundation for your organization to create a customized campaign to raise awareness of your place in the community. The concepts below are examples of how others chose to expand upon the opportunities presented by a public television sponsorship.
- Targeted Outreach: Additional resources can be created to extend the reach and impact in the community. Outreach efforts are a public television specialty, and we can work with you to focus efforts on appropriate demographic and geographic targets.
- Collateral Promotions: Postcards, posters, and preview copies of the program are examples of what can be created for dissemination to employees, customers, strategic partners, and opinion leaders.
- Public Relations: Target publicity campaigns for increased awareness and tune-in can be developed with KVIEʼs marketing department.
- Personalized Video Product: DVD copies of the program can be available for you to distribute for your own promotional purposes. This can include a custom DVD cover designed to your specifications.
- Custom Marketing Message: Sponsors can include a one minute marketing message at the beginning of the personalized video product, introducing the program and your relationship to it.
- Streaming Video Message: Sponsors may elect to have the Custom Marketing Message included on the companion Web site.
- Premiere Event: Special advance screenings work well to create relationships between your organization and the community at large. KVIE can offer facilities and event planning services to make it happen.